Cupcakes for a Svelte birthday
One of my favourite ladies in the world (Kirsty aka Svelteness) had a birthday party a couple of days ago, and she celebrated with a private viewing of Blazing Saddles, so I decided to bake some cupcakes to take along for us all to munch on.
As she’s quite a popular gal, I knew we’d need a lot because she’s got lots of lovely friends. I kinda got carried away because the lovely Miss Jane gave me a cupcake cookbook for Christmas, and the recipes all sounded so yummy, I couldn’t resist making a few different kinds. In the end, I made 64 cupcakes, in 6 different varieties, adding my own twist to the recipes:
- Cappuccino – a coffee flavoured cupcake with mocha buttercream frosting
- Bakewell Tart – wheat-free almond cupcakes with a cherry inside and a lemon glaze
- Vanilla Buttercream – vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting
- Sweet Almond – wheat-free almond cupcakes with a fondant glaze
- Bittersweet Symphony – coffee flavoured cupcakes with a dark chocolate ganache
- Lemon Zinger – vanilla cupcakes with a zesty lemon glaze
They went down a treat, but I will think twice about making so many cupcakes all in one go… or at least next time, stick to one or two different types! They looked (and tasted) amazing – which you probably can’t tell from the awful iPhone photo above – but it took me several hours and the kitchen was a wreck afterwards. Whew – I’m exhausted just thinking about it.